Santa Maria dei Derelitti
The Church of Santa Maria dei Derelitti, known as the Ospedaletto, was built on the space originally occupied by a shelter. The design of the church was planned by Andrea Palladio thus its baroque decoration by Baldassare Longhena.
Inside there are the famous “squinch” painted by Giambattista Tiepolo. The Ospedaletto was famous for the execution of the putte orphan choir who were educated in music by talented masters: a tangible reminder of this activity are the organ signed by Peter Nacchini in 1751, by the exceptional qualities of timbre and sound, and the choir.