Hidden Jewels of Venice – Carnival 2018 Photocontest
From the 27th of January till the 13th of February 2018 Fondazione Venezia Servizi Culturali organize the “Hidden Jewels of Venice – Carnival 2018” photographic competition.
The Photocontest aims to stand out your photographic skills by shooting our famous Hidden Jewels of Venice: Scala Contarini del Bovolo, the Oratorio dei Crociferi and/or the Complesso dell’Ospedaletto.
PHOTO CONTEST SETTLEMENT
“HIDDEN JEWELS OF VENICE – CARNIVAL 2018”
1. Aim of the competition:
The competition allow visitors and citizens to take back the historical, artistic and cultural heritage of the city of Venice. It also aims to promote the image of the Hidden Jewels of Venice during the Carnival.
2. Who can participate:
The contest is open to everyone who has an Instagram or Facebook account. No professional experience or photographic equipment required (analog, digital, SLR, compact, etc.).
The competition starts on Saturday 27 January 2018 and closes on Tuesday 13 February 2018 at 11.00 PM. Photographs must be taken and published during this period.
4. Competition theme:
The photographs must portray the Carnival inside the Hidden Jewels of Venice: Scala Contarini del Bovolo, Sala del Tintoretto, the Oratory of the Crociferi and/or the Complesso dell’Ospedaletto.
All photographs that interpret the idea of the Venice Carnival with the historical sites mentioned above will be admitted. Photographs of entire buildings / churches, architectural details and / or historical, artistic and cultural heritage are allowed (photographs of the works in each historical site are allowed as well).
The photographs can be carried out according to the following times:
• Scala Contarini del Bovolo: every day from 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM
• Oratorio dei Crociferi: Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM and from 2.00 PM to 6.00 PM. Sunday from 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM and from 2.00 PM to 3.00 PM. Exceptionally open on Monday 12 and Tuesday 13 February 2018 from 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM and from 2.00 PM to 6.00 PM.
• Complesso dell’Ospedaletto: from Thursday 8 to Tuesday 13 February 2018 at 10.00 AM, 11.00 AM, 12.00 PM and at 2.00 PM, 3.00 PM and 4.00 PM. Maximum capacity for each slot: 30 people.
5. Rules of participation
Participation is free, after the ticket purchase at one of our Hidden Jewels of Venice.
The ticket must be kept till the end of the competition.
Each participant must follow the Instagram or Facebook page @ScalaContarinidelBovolo.
Each participant can upload a maximum of n. 3 photos on Instragram or Facebook tagging @ScalaContarinidelBovolo and using the appropriate hashtags: #HiddenJewelsVenice #Carnival2018
Each participant can add to the photos a title, description or other hashtags.
Photos that do not match one or more criteria will be automatically excluded. In case of more photos uploaded, the first three will be taken into consideration in order of publication.
6. Technical data
Photographs must be unpublished.
The photographs can be in color or in black and white.
Post-production interventions are allowed but photomontages that can distort the reality of the image are not allowed. The use of filters or minor non-invasive adjustments is also allowed.
Portraits and photographs of recognizable people in the foreground are allowed, except for cases of children under 16 years old.
Photographs whose contents are explicitly detrimental to the dignity of others or that lead to illicit behavior within the above mentioned historical sites are not admitted to the competition. In any case Fondazione Venezia Servizi reserves the right to exclude inappropriate images.
Pursuant to art. 12, paragraph 3, of the Law Decree 31 May 2014, n.83, converted into Law 29 July 2014, n. 106, the reproduction of cultural assets is allowed in a manner that does not involve any physical contact with the cultural site, nor the exposure of the same to light sources, nor the use of stands or tripods; the disclosure by any means of images of cultural heritage, legitimately acquired, so as not to be further reproduced by the user if not, possibly, low-resolution digital.
Participants must keep the original file in JPEG format at maximum size and resolution, depending on the device used, to be provided to Fondazione Venezia Servizi for printing or publication.
7. Jury and Evaluation Criteria
The Jury will be composed of a professional photographer, the director of Fondazione Venezia Servizi, the coordinator of the Hidden Jewels of Venice, the social media manager of the Hidden Jewels of Venice and a member of the Istituzione di Ricovero ed Educazione of Venice (IRE).
The judgments expressed by the jury will be based on criteria such as: creativity, originality and adherence to the theme.
The selection of the 30 best photographs takes place at the sole discretion of the jury and is final.
The jury will select 15 photographs that respect points 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the present Rules uploaded on social Instagram.
The jury will select 15 photographs that respect points 3, 4, 5 and 6 of these Rules uploaded in the Facebook profile.
The 30 best photographs will be published on the Instagram and Facebook profile of Scala Contarini del Bovolo on February 14th 2018.
Voting will be open until the day 21 February 2018 at 2.00 PM. The photos with the number of “likes” on the “Scala Contarini del Bovolo” profiles Instagram and Facebook will be the winners of the first prize. Following will be selected with the same criteria photographs for the second and third place in the respective categories Instagram and Facebook.
The total amount for this competition is € 724.00 (€ seven hundred and twenty-four and zero cents). The prizes for the winning photographs on the Instagram social network are:
• 1st prize worth 300 €: merchandising gadget of Scala Contarini del Bovolo and the Hidden Jewels of Venice (Shopper, Sketch Book, Mug, Pen, Pencil, Magnetic Bookmark and Bovolo’s Book ) and an exclusive tour of the Hidden Jewels of Venice for a maximum of 2 people valid for 12 months.
• 2nd prize worth € 42: merchandising gadget of Scala Contarini del Bovolo and of the Hidden Jewels of Venice (Shopper, Skatch Book, Magnetic Bookmark and Bovolo’s Book) and two cumulative tickets for the visit of Scala Contarini del Bovolo and the Oratorio dei Crociferi, valid for 6 months.
• 3rd prize worth € 20: merchandising of Scala Contarini the Bovolo and the Hidden Jewels of Venice (Shopper, Sketch Book, Pencil and Pen).
The prizes for the winning photographs on the social Facebook are:
• 1st prize of the value € 300: merchandising Gadgets of Scala Contarini del Bovolo and the Hidden Jewels of Venice (Shopper, Sketch Book, Mug, Pen, Pencil, Magnetic Bookmark and Bovolo’s Book) and an exclusive tour of the Hidden Jewels of Venice for 2 people with validity of 12 months.
• 2nd prize worth € 42: merchandising gadget of Scala Contarini del Bovolo and of the Hidden Jewels of Venice (Shopper, Sketch Book, Magnetic Bookmark and Bovolo’s Book) and two cumulative tickets for the visit of Scala Contarini del Bovolo and the Oratorio dei Crociferi, valid for 6 months.
• 3rd prize worth € 20: merchandising gadget of Scala Contarini del Bovolo and of the Hidden Jewels of Venice (Shopper, Sketch Book, Pencil and Pen)
10. Ownership and rights of the photographs:
Each participant declares to possess all the rights on the originals, on digital acquisitions and processing of the photographs sent. Each participant is civilly and criminally responsible for his/her works, relieving Fondazione Venezia Servizi of any responsibilities, even against any subjects depicting in the photographs. The author will retain the complete ownership of the works submitted. The rights on the images will remain the exclusive property of the authors but Fondazione Venezia Servizi reserves the right to use all photographs received for promotional purposes, marketing, advertising, publications, websites, indicating the name of the author. The works will be part of the photographic archive of Fondazione Venezia Servizi and IRE.
11. Updates and other information
It will be possible to follow the updates and get more information on the 2018 Carnival Photo Contest on the website www.scalacontarinidelbovolo.com, on the Facebook page or by contacting Fondazione Venezia Servizi (email@example.com / +39.041.3096605).